View Single Post
Old January 5, 2012, 02:02 PM   #12
BigJimP

Oh sure Zippy, I agree...

There was a time, when you couldn't give away a 16ga ...and I still see quite a few of the old 16ga model 12's etc in pawn shops, used gun stores, etc...( nothing in pigeon grade that would be attractive to a discerning gentleman like yourself ... though ) ....

In my favorite local used gun shop about 3 wks ago ...a distinguished lady in her 80's came in with her daughter ...to sell her husbands guns ( he'd passed away ) and had pre-arranged for the shop to take them on consignment. I was just standing around - and went out to their car to help bring them in ....and there were at least a dozen model 12's wrapped in an old army blanket ( and at least 2 or 3 were in 16ga) - inside an old cardboard box. It was kind of fun to see the old collection ...but not a single thing in there worth more than a few hundred bucks.....but by her accounts / he loved them all - and had a lot of fun with them. I think we brought in about 60 guns ...handguns, shotguns, some rifles...all heavily used ...and I didn't look that close ...nothing special in there / but I wasn't surprised to see some 16ga's in there.

The last box of 16ga ammo I bought was probably 10 yrs ago ...but it was about $ 16 for a box of 25 - for some field loads ...thought I was going to have a heart attack !!

I don't really see anyone bringing the popularity of the 16 ga back anytime soon.

Page generated in 0.02421 seconds with 8 queries