Thread: Adventure....
View Single Post
Old January 20, 2001, 09:22 PM   #1
BadMedicine

So today I decided to go exploring out at this big marsh about a mile from my house. We'd seen moose out there alot, and were going to go look for shed antlers. We went out there and played on the ice, it was anywhere from 12-24 inches thick. In some places the ice was clear and we could see some small fish (about 3-8 inches) swimming around. We also saw the remains of old spawned out salmon, and figure the small fish were salmon.
We went back into the woods and was looking for sheds, and I found alot of hair and some big bones...a moose kill. We started looking around for a skull, and maybe antlers.
Finally I found the skull, it was mostly broken, and covered in hair still, but it had an antler on it, only about 9 inches long, with a palm/forked end, and a 1 1/2 inch brow tine. The othe antler was broken off about 1" from the base, looked like it broke while it was alive, cuz it was kinda healed.
Anyways, I just thought I'd share my action packed "hunt." Tomorrow we're taking the BB guns out to some area that we've also seen alot of bulls this year. Only the air rifles cuz it's "techinically" in town.

Page generated in 0.02565 seconds with 8 queries