View Single Post
Old February 21, 2012, 11:27 PM   #12
RC20

Lets see

XCR has a massive bolt
XCR is simple and not small parts to loose
XCR has superior controls to the Kel Tec and the M4
XCR can change barrel lengths to suit the mission(s)
note: Nothing says you can't have squads with a mix, and bias the majority to what is most likely, but at worst you are as good as an M4.
XCR has a piston (with all due respect, lots of maint read that oil in the Sand Box is not the best idea, yes it can work but it also can be a lot better.

So, Kel Tec has the charging handle on the wrong side. Hmmm.

Quote:
as far as i know there are no reliability issues with the m4, the issue is reports that its barrel is too short to make use of the 223 round and has max effective range of 50 metre. I dont know if i believe that but thats what i've read anyway.
Maintenance issues, not reliability if maintained, but the question is why?

Barrel is too short for anything past 300 meters not 50. .223 round is always going to have issues as its primary mission is to go through things (door, armor etc), you just have to hope you kill who you poke the holes through (keep shooting till they drop)

M4 was fine for Iraq, not so good for the longer shoots (most of the time) in Afghanistant. Ergo, changeable barrel would allow that.

Not carrying extra barrel, just a mix so you have some people with the right barrel all the time and the rest in between for going the average.

Page generated in 0.03748 seconds with 8 queries