Thread: Would you sue?
View Single Post
Old January 28, 2008, 01:26 PM   #11
chopz

i agree. might as well ask "what if someone hit you with their car?" as a pedestrian, i was hit by a car. my adrenaline was pumping and after going over the car and landing on the other side i got up and started getting really pissed. i told the lady driving she better leave quick or we might both be sorry. stupid thing to do, especially since i couldn't walk for a while after the effects of the injury set in. anyway, it woulda been nice if her insurance paid for her stupidity.

so, although i may believe the guy was in the right - which i wouldn't if he was trying to shoot someone in the back while they fled - my belief isn't strong enough to sacrifice my home and livelihood for it. and if it was a serious injury that's just what it might amount to.

lets say the bad guy stole the shooter's wallet. am i really gonna have to pay with a limp for the shooter not to have to cancel some credit cards and change the locks to his house? is it worth it to him to possibly kill or cripple me so he doesn't have to apply for a replacement driver's license? now that i think about it, the guy might be lucky if i only sue him.

Page generated in 0.03098 seconds with 8 queries