View Single Post
Old September 2, 2013, 05:33 AM   #25
cryogenic419

I will generally double up on protection when it does not interfere with shooting, plugs and muffs. Unfortunately when shooting service rifle (AR15) the muffs get in the way so I am down to just plugs. I am lucky enough to shoot at 2 different outdoor ranges so sound levels aren't too bad when outside. I DREAD shooting indoors, truly dread it. Something simple like 9mm after a while just starts to rattle me.

As somebody who has lost hearing due to loud musical instruments and car stereos over the years (only 37) I'll continue to preach this....TAKE CARE OF YOUR HEARING. Its not going to disappear on you in one day, all the trips to the range add up over time. All the other things in life add to this like loud TV's, car stereo, power tools, etc. One day you will wake up and notice you can't hear things like you used to. What seems like a normal volume on the TV will be loud to everybody else around you. You will find yourself asking people to speak up or not being able to hear them clearly in a conversation. Anybody that thinks it won't happen to them is fooling themselves, you just don't notice it happening until it's too late.

Page generated in 0.03350 seconds with 9 queries