View Single Post
Old July 27, 2012, 08:36 AM   #13
Wyosmith

My experience with both the Ruger SR9s and SR40s is that the trigger pulls can run from very nice to an open insult to the shooter from one gun to the next.
Judged against all other striker fired autos I have shot or even just handled, I have felt a few SRs that were as good as any ----and about 2 dozen that amazed me at how bad they were. In fact, I have to say the worst triggers I have ever felt on any auto pistols in the last 10 years have all been Ruger SRs
The icing on that cake came about 2 weeks ago in a large sporting goods store in Riverton when I was handling a Ruger SR9 alongside a Raven 25 auto. The Raven had an awful trigger pull and the Ruger was much much MUCH worse. I do not exaggerate at all when I say I have never felt a handgun with a worse pull in the last 10 years, and maybe in my whole life.
How Ruger would let something like that out the door is beyond me.
Then the man working the counter handed me an SR9C and its pull was quite good. Better than any Glock I have felt. Both guns came in that day on the same truck.

So try before you buy.

All the reports I have hears so far say the SRs are extremely reliable.

I have only shot 3 so far and every one functioned 100%.

One had a pull that was so bad I could not keep a decent group at even close range, and the other 2 were fine.
With my DA revolvers I can usually keep all shots touching at 10 yards, making a hole in the paper of about the size of a nickel. With that SR mentioned above I was not able to keep them inside a 5 inch pattern at 10 yards and from trying to dry-fire the gun, I could see why. There was no way I could shoot well with that trigger. It was so rough as to defy a good description, and the weight was probably over 13 pounds. So lawyer proof that the gun became nearly worthless, unable to perform the duty it’s advertized to do.
Again, try before you buy!

Page generated in 0.02769 seconds with 8 queries