View Single Post
Old October 21, 2007, 11:02 PM   #1
millman

Sterling Arms Mark II >380 pistol disassembly

A buddy of mine aquired one of these pistols, but was unable to field strip it.
He brought the gun to me and I was dumb enough to say , "Yeah, I'll take it apart." After much trouble, cussing, fussing, etc. I figured it out.
1: make sure gun is unloaded.
2:Remove magazine and cock gun.
3: Using proper screwdriver, PUSH in on the takedown screw on the right side of the frame. While pushing, turn takedown screw 1/4 turn clockwise.
4: Pull slide completely to rear and lift up. The slide will now move forward, off of the barrel and is easily removed.
Reassembly is a reverse of this procedure.
Whatever you do, DO NOT take the takedown screw out while the slide is still on the frame. It looks like it is impossible to take out the screw, but with a little time and wiggling it will come out. Taking out the screw releases a little spring and a small piece that blocks the slide from moving to it"s rearmost (disassembly) position. I spent 2 hours working through the roughly 3/16 th"s hole with a piece of wire to reorient the piece so I could reinsert the takedown screw. Avoid this madness. Don't take the screw out.
I looked all around the web for these instructions. All I found were people asking "How does my Sterling come apart?
I hope this helps someone.

Page generated in 0.03431 seconds with 8 queries