View Single Post
Old February 23, 2005, 04:34 PM   #28
artsmom

Redneck is lying!! That wasn't him you met, it was me!

Redneck is always claiming to be me! He hasn't even hunted with me since I made that 650 yard running shot on a big albino muley/whitetail cross buck. (I make most all of my running shots, even if the deer is moving, too.) The fact that it was a whiteout blizzard meant that could only see the pink nose and red eyes.

I DO usually do have two deer hanging by the first day, and my son is right, I haven't killed one in six years. That's because I stun them by shooting off the lesser of the two brow tines, drag them back to camp, hoist them up, take their pictures, and then cut them loose. Yes, I am the first catch and release deer hunter. I urge you all to develop your skills to the point where you can consistently use your fifty power scopes to ding deer.

As for the cougar, I was most worried that he would take advantage of my recently released but disoriented deer, and try to make a meal out of them. That is why I waited for him.

I was also misunderstood about the hollow. I said he stayed within a certain "holler". You see, I can call in all manner of predators by mouth, and this particular cougar is so enamored by my special cougar call, that he refuses to any farther than my "holler", meaning my call.

...and I am not a retired Navy SEAL, I said I was a "tired" Navy SEAL, and I am tired because they won't let me retire. Too valuable to the Nation's Defense, ever since my suicide mission on Iwo Jima in '42.

Page generated in 0.03449 seconds with 8 queries