View Single Post
Old November 30, 2011, 01:04 AM   #16
Bill Daniel

Calculating Nodes

I measured the distance to the lands with Hornady's LNL tool. The brass is fireformed Lapua. I have a nice load with 168 SMK's with 43.8 of Varget (also works well with A-Maxes. The books seemed to indicate I would get greater velocity with R15 and since my goal was a 1000 yard load I was testing the 175 SMKs with R15. As Pete noted I have less than 300 rounds of rifle reloading experience and so will tend to be cautious. I reload 45 ACP also and have for many years but aside from a double charge there is not so much you can screw up reloading that cartridge. I use Wipe Out and keep the bore squeeky clean. I also will fire three to four fouling shots prior to beginning my measured groups. I will try 0.005 inches off the lands to see how that changes the groups.
Thanks again to all. I have learned most of what I know from reading your posts over the years.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready." Theodore Roosevelt 1903

Page generated in 0.02224 seconds with 8 queries