View Single Post
Old June 16, 2005, 03:06 AM   #30
38SnubFan

Moose, I too am glad to hear your ordeal went well and you're OK.

First, I hope I NEVER have to use my gun to defend my life or the life of another innocent person. However, I will, if need be.

Second, I can only hope I can react as quickly and unmistakably as you did. You did the right thing - put LIFE first, and LAW second.

As for the Monday Morning Quarterbacks, ignore them all. They haven't been there; and if they ever are, I'm sure their tune will change!

I also found it kind of hilarious when someone stated that a jury member may assume a guy named "Moose" is a big and/or strong guy who shouldn't have needed to use a firearm to defend himself in this scenario. Again, they weren't there.

Ironically, my uncle's name is Moose. Even gets some of his mail sent to him that way (he also works for the USPS). I'm 5'10" 165 lbs. He's not much bigger than me, maybe even a little skinnier.

He just got the name as a kid, don't ask me how. I don't remember.

So Moose, FWIW, congratulations on doing the right thing, and making the world a little safer for all of us.

Sincerely,
38SnubFan

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men and women stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -A token of appreciation for the good cops.

"Good cheer and steady aim are always fashionable."

"Will...if need be!"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΑΛΒΕ!

Page generated in 0.03487 seconds with 8 queries