View Single Post
Old September 15, 2012, 12:18 AM   #4
bamaranger

tiny

I'm married to a tiny lady, bamawife is 'bout your size. She is also, despite my encouragement, disinterested in shooting and SD. However, raising bamaboy sparked her protective instincts, and we do shoot some. The nutcase down the road is some encouragement too.....

So for her tiny hands we settled on a J-frame .38, the proverbial Chiefs Special, loaded with, of all things, wadcutters. The soft target load makes the tiny revolver more shootable. If the double action trigger is too difficult, she, and you, can cheat with two fingers. Similarly, early on she shot a K-frame revolver (actually I think it was a Ruger Security -6, as well, with the standard retro type grips, which were a handful, but offered better sights and longer bbl.

I am not a fan of auto's for beginners. The DA revolver is pretty simple, witness its use in LE for multiple generations. One control, the cylinder release. Open the cylinder, fill holes w/ cartridges, close cylinder and pull trigger to shoot till gun won't shoot. Open cylinder. Repeat.

Page generated in 0.03538 seconds with 8 queries