View Single Post
Old October 6, 2009, 10:01 AM   #39
Pyzon

Trashcanman-

At the expense of continuing this "argument" that I thought was merely an exchange of opinions (which is sorta what this forum is about I think), obviously our situations are different, and I have experienced something you have not, not yet at least, and that was a B&E where the law enforcement folks told me that the way these dudes case their potential victims was by posing as door to door salesmen. No stats were provided by the detective at the time, so if you choose to think I am making this all up, fine, keep opening your door to every body that knocks. The others here that have evidence that dirtballs do the same in their neighborhood are probably just as "paranoid" as me too and if that makes me a recluse or a grumpy old man, I was in denial too until I got taken advantage of. Things are not the same these days and I hope you never find out the hard way that bad dudes are in your towns too.

Quote:
If you claim you didn't see my "please leave me alone" sign (18"X24") then I will give you a chance to explain your intent, but I expect a quick and honest answer or things are going to get very blunt and maybe rude in a hurry.
Now if you take this earlier quote as me being overly protective, rude or abrasive, maybe I'm just trying to tell you that I will treat you as I wish to be treated, so how about we start from that point ?

Quote:
as I stated before Door to door salesmen, IN GENERAL, are legit
How about some stats to back that up ? Out of 10 door to door salesmen in my neighborhood, are 8 of them legit ? 6? And as Dwight originally stated, his guys had no uniforms, signage or business cards to boot, so just exactly how was he supposed to give them a ring when he needed them ? Doesn't really sound on the up and up to me, but I'm a grumpy old fool.

What are the other dudes up to,even if it is only 1 out of 10 ? I hope none of us ever has to say we wish we could have a chance to do it over when we screw it up.

And people that know me well (and the only one posting here that does is Dwight55) know that I am not fighting a one man war against humanity, I'm just fighting the ones that mean to do any of us harm. How many of you can truthfully claim that your neighborhoods are getting better ?

Remember the part about better to be safe than sorry ?

Page generated in 0.02479 seconds with 8 queries