View Single Post
Old May 21, 2005, 02:14 PM   #1
threefivesevenmag

Tactical Magazine Question.

Hey All.

I was at the grocery and stopped by to read a few gun rags to interupt my boring shopping list. Anyway, one was some new "tactical" magazine I had never seen before.

It had pictures of "tactical" situations inside a home at close range. The "good guy" was always armed to the teeth, and the "bad guy" was as well. Anyway, the pictures displayed how to handle situations in a sequence. In one sequence the BG was hiding around a corner with an AK-47 and the GG was slicing the pie and was armed with an HK 9mm submachine gun. The photos displayed the GG striking the AK barrel up with his weak hand and then lowering his HK to draw a knife and then stab the BG in the chest and then cut his hamstrings...supposedly dropping him and ending it.

Why did he have to lower his weapon which was already in hand and draw a knife to stop the threat? Wouldn't it be more realistic to fire your gun COM on the BG after "tapping" his barrel out of the way?

I don't see where the "tactical" advantage is. Any thoughts on this situation and the relevancy of silly tactical magazines would be appreciated. I think most people are getting too tactical for their own good when just practicing, doing IDPA and training the mind and body would far more benefit a regular joe that isn't a LEO or Military. Agree or disagree?

Page generated in 0.03834 seconds with 8 queries