View Single Post
Old December 17, 2012, 10:11 AM   #12
BarryLee

Much of the problem is that people are really running on a lot of emotion right now and not looking at the facts. While I realize some of the recent high profile incidents are horrible the fact remains that violent crime is actually down while gun sales have risen.

As insidious as it may sound I do firmly believe that the ant-gun crowd was emboldened by the recent election and have planned a major assault on gun rights. They have just been waiting for the right moment and regrettably an incident has occurred to jump start their plans. The recent election was seen by many as reaffirming an anti-gun agenda and they are moving full steam ahead.

Many gun rights folks feel the US House of Representatives will be the stalwart for Second Amendment rights, but I’m not so sure. Recently we have seen many in the Congress abandoning long held philosophical beliefs in exchange for what they believe to be the new political reality.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman

Page generated in 0.03753 seconds with 8 queries