View Single Post
Old July 7, 2001, 07:00 AM   #14
Wild Romanian

Best single stack 9mm

Walt Sherrill, Your right on the money Walt. I could not agree with you more. If the sole criteria is simple the best there isthere is simply no argument at all. Anyone who is lucky enough just to shoot one let alone own one will agree that for looks, reliablity, superb balance, fantastic workmanship and out of this world accuracy few other 9mm are even in the ball park. The Sig P210 often rivals many custom built super-guns. I bought mine about a month ago and have retired all of my pistols to my safe where they will probably never again see the light of day. Why bother even shooting a lesser pistol. I own just about all of the major brand and many minor brand 9mm's. None of them even come close to the accuracy, balance, beauty and sheer joy of ownership of the Fantasic Sig P210.
If the criteria is a small and economically priced and reliable then you would have a hard time finding anthing better than the little Star Starfire. I have one and it has proven accurate, reliable and has an excellent trigger pull. It was one of the first of the so called "Pocket Rockets" and strangely enough it was first and is still probably the best. With a single action pistol you can hit what you are aiming at with ease. Why in the world anyone would want to own a double action only pistol simply is a mystery to me. I have also heard hundreds of complaints about the Khar pistols and their many malfuction problems. The Khar is not even a true double action. Most real double action pistols allow you to pull the trigger twice in a row in case of a misfire. Not so with the Khar , you must retract the slide to cock it after pulling the trigger if you have a misfire. It is the worst of both worlds, double action pull and no repeat in case of a misfire plus many malfucition problems. I have owned many double action only pistols and I consider the very small ones almost totally useless in a real world gun fight except at almost point blank range. Under pressure I have observed few people on our range able to actually hit anything with them. W.R.

Page generated in 0.03685 seconds with 8 queries