View Single Post
Old November 9, 2013, 08:50 AM   #1
brucev

Help w/ 452AA Powder?

Recently moved to new pastoral appointment. Finally unboxed my reloading gear. Want to resume loading for .38 Special, .357 Magnum, .44 Special and .45 ACP. Have Unique, Red Dot, Green Dot and Herco on hand in useful quantities. Also found some AA No. 5 and No. 9, one lb. of each. What has me puzzled is a canister of Winchester 452AA that I found. This came from my identical-twin brother (deceased) in about 2003.

From powder burn charts, it appears that the 452AA can be used with .38 Special and .45 ACP, maybe also .44 Special. However I am at a loss as to where to look to find published data on this powder. I know it was discontinued by Winchester around the early 1990's, maybe 1992.

Does anyone have published data on this powder? One of the little leaflet type booklets that Winchester used to make available or a recognized reloading manual would be ideal. If not, perhaps someone has a loading recipe that they used with success? I have about 3-4 lbs. of this 452AA on hand. If data can be found, it would allow me to load for my favorite handgun calibers and save my Unique, Red/Green Dot and Herco for cast bullet loads in my rifles. Appreciate any information. Sincerely. brucev.

Page generated in 0.09905 seconds with 8 queries