Thread: Hunters on jury
View Single Post
Old August 28, 2010, 12:59 AM   #6
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
Why?

Not that the jury should not include hunters, but our Constitution does NOT guarantee anyone a right to a trial by a jury "of his peers."
Sorry, but I never made any stipulation about what the Constitution says regarding juries and peers. I said that that jury should include hunters as peers. I personally think that juries should be comprised of folks who have an understanding of the types of circumstances surrounding the parameters of the trial. This is often contrary to what lawyers on one or both sides of the trial may think about how the jury should be comprised. Often one or both sides would prefer the jury to be ignorant of salient aspects of the topics pertaining to the case because then the lawyers will have a better chance to guide the jury in the direction preferred. It is often easier to manipulate others when you control the information they receive.

Page generated in 0.02128 seconds with 8 queries