View Single Post
Old March 1, 1999, 08:03 AM   #29
buzz riley

Harry'
Thanks again for the information, I'm sure I will be calling on your experience again.
Jeff,
Our feelings are the same when it comes to equipment for law abiding civilians(LEO's have homes/families to protect as well).
In an attempt to answer your question about LEO's training on their own time. Some do, God bless them. Harry gave you one of the best reasons why it's not encouraged more, the training is not uniform. I've seen a few officers using methods(even Hollywood style) that were improper after plinking with their friends. Remember the old saying: "Practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect"(Obviously there was only one perfect peacemaker, but you get my jest).
Now for the cold reality: most officers carry a weapon because it's issued to them. They don't look at it much different than a carpenter looks at a hammer. I don't agree when we're talking about deadly force, but most officers truely feel like it will never happen to them(and they have statistics that back them up). Stay safe.

Page generated in 0.03018 seconds with 8 queries