View Single Post
Old April 28, 2005, 10:35 AM   #13
Trip20

At my local range, there is no cease fire unless your on the pistol range. All the other range stations have trenches with fortified walls on either side which are 15 feet high.

To change our target you walk down the trench to the 50, 100, 300 yrd marker (where ever your target is placed), and spin this thing around (picture a windmill) and pull your target off. You then put a new one in it's place, and spin the "windmill" back up until it locks in the shooting position.

You do all this while people are pounding 338's down range. This place is run by the DNR!

I'm glad I do not have to deal with cease fires and the like. I have been to ranges that have them and I enjoy this one much more.

Personally I think you didn't do anything wrong with handling your weapon from the truck to the rack (providing there is no sign that dictates doing the same is a violation). I'm sure you maintained muzzle control and carried the firearm safely.

The only thing you did wrong was cross the line to lay your ammo (not weapon) on the bench. While this definitely deserved mention from the range officer, in my opinion his delivery needs work.

Page generated in 0.03617 seconds with 8 queries