View Single Post
Old April 12, 2013, 09:31 PM   #5
Aguila Blanca
Staff

The holster problem has been solved. I just LOVE the surplus holster bins at my range's shop. Much of the stuff in them is old police duty gear that's so old the leather is dried and cracking, and the black surface (patent leather?) is flaking off. But every once in awhile there's a gem, and I just found one. It's a brown OWB holster for what appears to be a small-frame S&W revolver with a 3" barrel. Has a thumb strap. It was a bit scuffed, but after cleaning it up with saddle soap and buffing it with brown shoe polish, it looks VERY nice. I could probably trim it at the muzzle end for my snub-nose barrel, but the extra length isn't hurting anything.

It cost me all of $10.

And I also think I solved the reluctance to function. It took MANY repetitions of disassembly, mucking about, and reassembly, but I believe I finally have it. The frame slot for the bolt was cut VERY rough, with sharp edges on the underside. And the bolt itself looked like it was chewed out of a chunk of metal by a rat with steel teeth. Once I finally figured out where the hangup was, it took three tries at fluffing and buffing to get to where it now dry fires reliably in both DA and SA mode. Next will be to try it with live fire -- IF I can find anything to shoot through it.

But ... I really don't care for the rubber, round-butt grips. Does anyone know of a source for some modestly-priced, wood, square-butt conversion grips that will fit Taurus small-frame revolvers? Does anyone know if grips for a S&W J-frame fit the Tauri?

Page generated in 0.03506 seconds with 8 queries