View Single Post
Old June 4, 2012, 05:50 PM   #7
Hansam

Quote:
Will you do it during the squirrel season? Be sure you don't get in trouble with the game dept.
If you're a land owner (even if you only own a 1oth of an acre) and have a pest problem you are free to shoot them in WI even without a small game license. I'm not sure about GA though.

Per our state's small game regulations:

Quote:
The owner or occupant of any land and members of their family* may, without a license and subject to all other restrictions except seasons, hunt or trap on their own property for beaver, fox, coyote, raccoon, woodchuck, rabbit, and squirrel year-round and may sell the skins of these species (except for woodchucks)
I neglected to mention a pellet rifle because I've had problems with pellets NOT killing squirrels in the past unless you get a head shot. Even compared to the bullet in a CCI CB .22short at 800fps a .177 cal pellet at 1000fps (and that's not even a constant true fps that's just what the rifle is capable of but not always at) is awfully light. I've watched a lead .177 cal pellet bounce off a squirrel's side that my son shot at about 30 yards because it was raiding our bird feeders. Sure it scared it off but I'm not so sure I head shot a different squirrel the very next day. The head shot killed it. Body shot didn't. Even with a .22short a body shot will kill a squirrel.

Page generated in 0.03523 seconds with 8 queries