View Single Post
Old November 12, 2011, 10:58 AM   #10
L_Killkenny

In many ways the only way you can know how good you are shooting is to first find out what the gun is capabale of. Your 3-5" groups may be just great if the gun (and ammo) is only capable of 2-4" groups from a bench. But infortunatly for you, your guns are capable of much better accuracy than 2-4" groups and I'm betting that each will shoot 1" groups or better at 10 yards from a bench. More than likely the GP will 1" groups or better from twice that far.

We also have no idea of the type of shooting you are doing. We are assuming slow fire because to tell the truth if you're shooting rapid fire your groups are outstanding. But from a slow or even moderate rate of fire you can do better.

In a lot of circles I'm a average or better than average shooter, in others I'm a below average shooter and in some others yet, I just plain a$$ suck. My benchmark I set for myself is hitting the "majority" of 2" spinners at 50 feet. If I can do that I figure me and the gun are doing something right. But I do have guns that due to the gun, me or the combination of both I really have to limit myself to 30 feet to accomplish the same feat. And to tell you the truth, I don't like a gun that the best the gun will do, or maybe I should say "best I can do with the gun", is 2" at 30 feet. I like accurate guns and more importantly, a gun that "I" can shoot accurately. There is a difference.

LK

Page generated in 0.02863 seconds with 8 queries