View Single Post
Old August 5, 2011, 05:57 PM   #15
atomicsaladbowl

alright so based on what everyone said, i took the gun apart completely again and took a look at the gas piston and castle nut....

well the piston didnt move at all so i took a pair of needlenose pliers and was able to take the castle nut off pretty easily which is probably not right, anyway i took the castle nut off, then i tried pulling the piston out with my fingers and it didnt budge, so i gently used the needlenose pliers to pull it out and it came out somewhat easily but was completely coated with carbon, and so is the port and the castle nut, im assuming that this was the problem...

I have the castle nut and piston soaking in hoppe's no. 9 solvent and i sprayed some brake cleaner in the gas block and stuff, probably not the best idea, any thoughts on cleaning the inside of the gas block and the gas port?

Thanks everyone for the help and steering me in the right direction, hopefully this was the problem, the piston wasnt moving at all so im assuming this must be it, also before when the gun kept jamming the casings were coming out covered in gunpowder residue, probably a sign the piston was seized, what does everyone think??

Zak

Page generated in 0.03374 seconds with 8 queries