View Single Post
Old November 15, 2008, 03:56 PM   #4
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

How are the GR sights attached? If easily removed I would at least remove the rear section for shooting clays... Heck for me I would want just a front bead or at worst the blade type but likely ground down some. I would personaly, YMMV, not want anything but the bead for home sefense as well as hunting, or clays. You will find that a shotgun is most effective when pointed rather than aimed. The reason, IMHO, that law enforcement has gone to rifle sights on shotguns is that officers are trained with pistols and/or rifles mostly so for them to feel confident with the shot gun they give them something they are familiar with...
A very effective training practice method is to use an empty gun and find a spot on a wall, now close your eyes, take the gun from a passive position and raise to shoulder and mount, now open your eyes and see how close you are to "aimed". Once you perfect this you have a good idea of what you will be doing in a skeet, bird, moving animal or home defense situation. Good luck with the new gun...
BTW, This is just the opinion of a simple redneck shotgun lover... not a pro shooter...
Brent

Page generated in 0.03687 seconds with 8 queries