View Single Post
Old January 21, 2001, 03:50 AM   #36
Arizona Fusilier

If you want to avoid a confrontation, I think projecting the right image is the way to go. Beemers, etc., might be infinitely more practical as an "unass the AO" vehicle, particlularly for most of us that live in an urban environment, but if you want to be left alone, nothing says "hands off" like a large 4X4; particularly a PU truck. Once you leave the AO in question, the option of going almost anywhere is of immense advantage. If I can be a little presumptuous, here in Arizona, a 4X4 PU is nearly synoymous with "gun on board", even without the NRA sticker. I respectively submit, that the "yuppie" in his sports car is perceived as an easier mark than the "redneck" in his 4X4.

Before the onslaught of "flames" descend, let me acknowledge two points of reality:

1. I, as a computer professional who lives and works in an urban environment, probably qualifies for the epithet of "yuppie", except for the F250, 60+ guns, and the 20,000 rounds of ammo, and

2. The average bad guy does not read this forum, and therefor is unaware that the guy driving the BMW has an HK -whatever (fill in the blank) laying in his lap.

Page generated in 0.03218 seconds with 8 queries