View Single Post
Old February 10, 2009, 04:02 PM   #41
AK103K

I'd take the full auto without hesitation.

I think most of the negative responses are due to people not having access or training with them to know. The comments about "hosing", or "pray and spray", "shooting at 100 yards", just shows that many dont have a clue of how they work or when to use them.

Like anything else, they are simply a tool and you need to know when, where, and how to use it.

With just a little training, people who would have difficulty shooting a 12GA loaded with buck, will have no troubles making good, fast hits on targets at realistic ranges.

Most pistol caliber SMG's are also a lot lighter and more compact than your average "riot" type shotgun. They are easier to maneuver and shoot quickly with (especially in tight spaces). This goes for everyone too, but especially for people of smaller stature.

They are also quicker and easier to load/reload, and if the need should arise, you can go from 0 to 50 yards (or more), without making an ammo change. Even if the gun doesnt have a selector, many guns will give you a one round "burst" if you know the gun and trigger.

Another thing that amazes me here is , how afraid and influenced by politically correct ramblings about "overkill", "over penetration",or "what the DA will say", etc.

First and foremost, who cares what the law or public opinion says, the idea is to win the fight, not worry about the possible consequences afterwords. If you have anything but the prize in mind while all this is going on, then you stand a very good chance of losing it, and for what, political correctness?

I have to wonder sometimes about some peoples priorities and mindsets, or lack thereof.

Page generated in 0.04868 seconds with 8 queries