View Single Post
Old November 15, 2013, 08:38 PM   #37
Dreaming100Straight

Quote:
I don't know...maybe it's rocket surgery. You send your gun in and say I want xxx barrel. They fit it and send it back.
Time and costs sending in.
How long does it take to check the frame and fit the gun?
Charges by H&R beyond price of barrels.
Time waiting for return shipment.

I want a barrel for my 870 I can order one from numerous online gun dealers, from Remington, from Mossberg which also makes barrels for the 870, or I can walk into many gun shops and buy one. For instance Bass Pro stocks them.

Forget that down the road a shooter decides they need another barrel. Perhaps they want to shoot clays or hunt birds or deer. Take the time and expense of dealing with H&R. But what if your barrel is suddenly damaged. It happens and sometimes just before your shooting trip.

If this is a dedicated defense gun, consider that if you really have need of it just when it is off in to the factory.

Then go back to the availability of used 870 barrels. I got one in great condition for $85 including shipping and a choke from a private party online.

You said you treat your pardner llke crap. I don't think it is crap, but it sounds like we know what you really think of your pp.

Sarge's assessment is fair. It is worth the $200 IF IT FILLS YOUR NEEDS and you can pay someone to smooth it out OR DO THE WORK YOURSELF LIKE SARGE. If you may be needing additional barrels it is a bad choice.

Quote:
The PP is so cheap you can just go buy a whole new gun for slightly more than a Remington accessory barrel-----barrel length problems solved.
a. You don't have to buy a barrel from Remington. Less expensive ones are marketed for the 870 by Mossberg.

b. Buying another PP everytime you need a barrel can be expensive. Many need 4 or more barrels and you may find it difficult to even find a gun with a riled slug barrel or a 24 inch barrel.

c. Because the 870 is so popular you can often get a good deal on a slightly used barrel.

d. Consider resale value of both the guns and the barrels.

Last edited by Dreaming100Straight; November 15, 2013 at 09:02 PM.

Page generated in 0.02501 seconds with 8 queries