View Single Post
Old June 1, 2011, 02:58 PM   #43
BigJimP

Sissy loads ...oh, oh ...( now his feelings are going to be hurt ...) ...

I will agree that sometimes a 5 stand stations get way too close to each other ...and with targets that are moving hard left or right ...some shooters tend to get way out in front of the cages ...and swing pretty hard to their left or right ...and a ported gun can blast the shooters next to them ...

but every time I've seen that be an issue ...its because the cages on the 5 stand were set way too close together ...where, in my opinion, they need to be a solid 3 yards apart ( like a Trap field ) ...to eliminate the noise issue. I don't shoot a lot of Trap - but I shoot next to ported guns on a Trap field all the time / and I don't find it an issue. I do find noise is an issue if someone wants to shoot an 18" barrel on a Trap field ...and I won't stand next to anyone shooting a gun like that on a Trap field.

I've seen some 5 stands ...where the stations are really close ...at around 5 or 6 feet ...and it is noisy .../ but that's a field layout problem ....not a porting problem, in my view.

Page generated in 0.02879 seconds with 8 queries