View Single Post
Old June 20, 2009, 10:11 AM   #53
tilsover

I've been reading this board for some time and am sometimes informed, sometimes amused, and sometimes not so amused. I just now joined to post and I know I have no credibility (whatever that is on a forum such as this) but I do have and shoot revolvers. My colts, rugers, and s&w entertain me on the range often and have taken deer and a bear and will blow hell out of any intruder foolish enough to intrude, but last year I needed a carry gun and did some research. I looked at airweights and UL's of different makes. I'm an engineer and believe any of these light guns could develop troubles if pounded repeatedly with heavy loads. Heavy duty work requires heavy duty tools. I have money to buy what I need but I didn't get it by throwing it around. I love made in USA but my gunshop owner told me to look at Taurus 85's. Two of the three sheriff deputies I asked carried 85ul's as backups. I bought mine last summer. Its a stainless model and I like it more and more as I get to know it. I guess I don't shoot it much; 50 rounds each month or two, double action 99% of the time. I like it and have had no troubles. I just added laser grips. I love my U.S. made guns, but in these lightweights I don't believe the quality differences equal the price differences, if there is any quality difference at all. 'nuff said.

Page generated in 0.02402 seconds with 8 queries