View Single Post
Old March 15, 2006, 04:16 PM   #15
atlctyslkr

If backed into a corner as you allude to I would shoot the closest first. The closest person threatening me has the greatest chance of harming me but I have a better chance of hitting them and stopping that attacker. Then I would move on to the next one. I would still be looking for cover, alternatives, ect the entire time. Some other issues in the post reference each attacker having different arms (knives, shotgun, handgun ect). That's a whole different set of variables. I have to hope that if that ever happens I'll be able to caclulate the right choice in the split second I'll have to do it. There are numerous things that could go wrong for me but one thing I always think about is the fact that things can go wrong on the other side too. Criminals have their guns jam, misfire, lock up ect just like us.

I've talked to many LEP in my time and I've heard on several occasions that many criminals that use firearms in their crime have never used the firearm they are carrying (they got it from a buddy, stole it ect) and are not well versed with it like you and I are. Also I was told that many have NEVER FIRED ONE AT ALL and hope that the sight of it will do the job. I don't know about you but I wouldn't put my life on the line with something I'd never tried. I know this is a long winded response and it's kind of a compliation of things I think about when I'm out and about.

Page generated in 0.03772 seconds with 8 queries