View Single Post
Old July 10, 2013, 12:04 PM   #196
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
My point was that in that case, ignore Zimmerman's testimony, and look at physical evidence
In a debate like we're having, that can be done. However, we're dealing with a court proceeding, in which that can't be done. I'm sure there are all sorts of holes in evidence gathering and witness coaching, but that's the way things like this happen.

Quote:
If Martin were able or felt "threatened", why didnt he hang up with his phone call with Rachel Jenteel & call 911 himself?
There are cultural biases against the police in some quarters, and there's a great mistrust of law enforcement. Martin may simply have not seen that as a viable option.

Quote:
I’m not even really sure what the standard is for a conviction on those charges, so no idea if the State has met those standards.
I think they've utterly failed to show malice and intent in Zimmerman's actions, so it would be a huge stretch to get a murder conviction out of this jury.

Zimmerman can be convicted of manslaughter under the doctrine of "imperfect defense." That means he committed homicide with an unreasonable belief of harm. Even if he believed he was in imminent danger, the jury could find that his belief wasn't reasonable.

Page generated in 0.04723 seconds with 8 queries