View Single Post
Old February 23, 2013, 01:25 PM   #1
OEF-Vet

Let’s hear it for the Mods!

As the title says let’s hear it for the mods. These folks do a tremendous job at keeping TFL clean and informative. Without their wisdom, knowledge and occasional parental like slap of the fingers we would not be members of the best firearms forum on the net.

I belong to several other forums that quite honestly get out of hand at times with political, conspiracy and revolutionist banter. Though I do feel politics do obviously play a part in firearms related issues, pure political discussions very quickly become heated and lose value. The fact that TFL has these policies in place is what makes this forum a civil place to have intelligent discussion.
If we have any aspirations of being a unified collective of gun owners we have to recognize gun owners come from all walks of life and political affiliations and bashing one another’s beliefs only serves to divide us.

I have learned a tremendous amount from both the staff and members here at The Firing Line and I am truly glad to be part of such a great community. I only hope that my membership is of some value to the group as a whole.

It’s a tough and sometimes thankless job being a moderator. These folks put a lot of time and effort into reading every post to keep it clean and often add their own (mostly well informed) take on the topic at hand. If your thread gets locked because of being a duplicate don’t take it to heart, the Mod’s have to track every thread and if there are multiples on the same topic that makes extra work for them. I have created duplicate or similar posts myself because something was on my mind all day so when I got home I logged in and posted right away without taking the time to look for a similar thread. I hadn’t up until this point considered the job that the moderators do and how overwhelming it can be. Especially in a climate that puts our rights as American citizens at risk, and folks are more inclined to speak out. If we as members can take an extra few minutes to see if something has already been addressed before posting a new thread, we should out of respect for the TFL staff. Today the count on the member list is 113,501 if ¼ of these folks are actively posting at least once a month that averages about 946 posts a day for the staff to review and I know quite a few of us post more than once a day let alone once a month.

So, as the title says: Let’s hear it for the Mods!

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton Jr

Last edited by OEF-Vet; February 23, 2013 at 02:05 PM.

Page generated in 0.03944 seconds with 8 queries