View Single Post
Old July 14, 2010, 06:50 AM   #54
roy reali

Worthless?

I have a nine shot, High Standard, .22 relvolver that has become the gun I take plinking the most. There are many reasons for this. One big one is that rimfire ammo is still a bargain to shoot, Another reason is that I am getting pretty good with it.

I am now able to consistently hit soda can size targets at twenty five yards off hand. Trust me, this is a big deal for me. If I use a rest, dirt clods at one hundred yards are easy targets.

Here is my question.

I am out in the desert in the middle of nowhere and some jerk attempts to harm me. I have a .22 revolver with nine shots, am I completely SOL? If I can keep my wits about me, at defensive range, I know I could put all nine shots into someones face. Shouldn't that slow someone down?

I grew up on a small farm. I witnessed many cows drop to a single .22 shot to the noggin. Granted, the range was short and the conditions were perfect, but it is amazing to see a creature the size of a cow drop like a sack of potatos from one tiny bullet. My dad made sure that us kids witnessed this at least once. He wanted to impress upon us that damage that even a small round can do.

It worked.

Page generated in 0.03544 seconds with 8 queries