View Single Post
Old March 18, 2013, 08:24 AM   #6
Southern Shooter

I little explanation about my thinking here:

I enjoy shooting both of the guns that are to be used. Ruger SRH Alaskan .454 Casull and a Dan Wesson 15-2 .357 Magnum. And, I feel very comfortable with them at 25 yards.

The .357 Magnum from the 6" barrel Dan Wesson is a pleasant experience for me, no matter what I put down the barrel. With the proper bullet and good shot placement it is very capable of taking care of 99% of any concerns I, personally, may run into...people or animals.

The complication for me is this...I love my SRH Alaskan, also. Although it has some weight to it, with only a 2 1/2" barrel it is easy to handle. Anyway, for most of my needs the 360 grain round-flat nose bullet seems to be over-kill. And, even my 265 grain round-flat nose at 1,200 FPS seems to be over-kill.

I was just trying to find a happy medium where I have enough bullet to take care of the 99% without feeling I am touching of a small-cannon on each shot. And, 11 grains of Unique behind the 265 grain round-flat nose @ 1,020 FPS is fun to shoot and follow-up on.

Just some thoughts..........
"My plea is that we stop seeking out the storm and enjoy more fully sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life we accentuate the positive. I am asking that we look a little deeper for the good, that we still our voices of insult and sarcasm, that we more generously compliment and endorse virtue and effort." Gordon B. Hinckley

Last edited by Southern Shooter; March 18, 2013 at 09:03 AM.

Page generated in 0.02177 seconds with 8 queries