View Single Post
Old January 26, 2014, 04:38 PM   #19
buck460XVR

Quote:
Originally posted by SteelChickenShooter:

I really don't buy into this thing called "accuracy" for self defense. Don't get me wrong, I know accuracy can be a factor if needed to hit a target near cover or if the target has a hostage.

The small sportsman club range I shoot at is basically a trap range with a 100yeard berm. There are large wire spools for benches every twenty yards up to it. In the winter time they plow one lane to the berm for rifle and pistol. I don't go there often but when I do I take my own shooting bench. Last time I was there, just as I was finishing up, two young guys show up. They're looking at the benches with 14 inches of snow and ice on them and then look at me. I see each one is carrying a new 100 round box of WWB .45auto, so I tell 'em if they let me have their brass, I'll stick around and they can use my bench. They move my bench up to 15 yards(I always shoot @ 40 or more) and tape up their targets. They are the printed ones with the terrorist holding a hostage. After about half a box each I jokingly tell 'em they may as well shoot her in the COM and get it over with, because with their misses on the terrorist and their unintentional hits on her she is dead anyway. They laughed and agreed and then we got to talking about it. The average civilian, even the ones that practice regularly, doesn't have the skills needed to shoot past a hostage SAFELY with a handgun and take out a moving perp holding a gun to the hostages head. Especially under the stress of the situation, and they have no business trying.

Page generated in 0.02392 seconds with 8 queries