View Single Post
Old May 5, 2013, 11:46 PM   #15
hermannr

I have purchased ammo in the US, and then took it into Canada. (WA/BC) I am a Naturalized US citizen, Canadian by birth. BTW: you do not need to be a US citizen to purchase firearms or ammo in the US. You need to be in the US legally. I, personally, would not patronize Dick's Sporting goods. They have shown that they are not 2A supporters.

If you are importing (into Canada) less than 500 rounds (at least that was the limit for what I was doing it. I would bring ammo up for shoots at my BIL's gun club), they consider it personal use. If you import more at one time you will need to go the importer route. At the border, just show them your PAL and declare the ammo as personal use.

Once you exceed the personal use limit they want to tax it, and they want you to have an importer's license. Check on what the personal use limit is these days to make sure it has not changed.

DO NOT purchase in NYS. Their new (un)safe act effects ammo purchase but not ammo possession). WDC has ammo possession restrictions, but I think that is it for possession problems.

Page generated in 0.03809 seconds with 8 queries