View Single Post
Old August 27, 2009, 11:08 AM   #1
Magnum Wheel Man

50 caliber double express rifles... expiriences & thoughts...

I'd always wanted one, since I 1st saw them in Cabelas catalogs years & years ago... lately I've been on a double rifle kick ( I was lucky enough to get one of the Remington Russian import 45-70 double rifles reciently ), & am in the process of building one myself ( I was going to do a 577 Snider, but the barrels would cost too much... I've now been leaning towards 40-65, because components are available, & barrels are "much" cheaper )... so if I end up with a 40-65 double, a 45-70 double, the 50 seems natural for a next one... not to mention I just read about some people actually using them on African safaris

I see CVA also did a 50 cal BP double express rifle, & several are available on GB I think the Cabela's ones were listed as "Kodiac" & were likely Itialian made... so, brand issues aside, how is the quality of the double black powder rifles ??? any quirky issues to look for, how about power level... can they equal or surpass the 40-65 & 45-70 cartridge guns ??? ( are they really "African safari" worthy ??? )

any other suggestions or comments ???

Page generated in 0.02833 seconds with 8 queries