Thread: triple 7...
View Single Post
Old November 5, 2005, 10:30 AM   #131
Steve499

MPP1423, yes, that accessory pouch is from scratch, too. I can carry 24 of the vinyl quick-load tubes, an in-line capper and a container of lube in there. I have a divider down the middle to segregate empty tubes from loaded ones. If I am going out for a shooting session, I carry a pistol box with enough stuff inside to probably do an appendectomy if it was necessary but the belt, holster and pouch is my hunting rig. I have $19.00 in the whole thing, bought the leather at a shop from their reduced/scrap pile.

Those vinyl tubes work pretty good. They are only open on one end so when you pour your powder charge in, the ball seals the opening. You can squeeze the ball down onto the powder by pinching the tube opening behind the ball and it fits tightly enough that it doesn't work out until you want it to. Although I haven't tested it, I bet you could actually immerse them without wetting the powder. That is a test for some other time which I'll let you know about. ( What the heck, I just dropped 3 of them into a glass of water. I'll post results in two or three days)

Steve

Page generated in 0.03046 seconds with 8 queries