View Single Post
Old March 7, 2012, 02:37 PM   #4
output

I cannot understand that way of thinking. It is okay to be a victim apparently?

I do not think their “experts” were talking about locking your bedroom door and taking a defensive position. It seemed to me as if they were actually recommending that you hide in a closet or behind a bedroom door and hope that the police get to you in time.

If the intruder really wants to harm you I do not think your bedroom door is going to stop them especially if your front door did not do a good job.

Locking a door, taking up a defensive position, and calling the police is one thing. Locking the door and hiding while you call the police and hoping you do not become a victim is entirely something else. I vaguely remember reading somewhere recently that the average police response time in the US is between 7-10 minutes. A lot can go wrong in 7-10 minutes, but even that seems like a really fast response time. What happens when you live in a city like Detroit? I have read that the average police response time in Detroit is well over 30 minutes right now if they respond within the same day...

Last edited by output; March 7, 2012 at 02:49 PM.

Page generated in 0.03500 seconds with 8 queries