View Single Post
Old March 31, 2011, 02:49 PM   #30
ipscchef

Woodyed

No, I do not think I reas anything into your posts that was not there, and I apologize if I seemed to be confrontational.
I do agree with 99.9% of what you are saying. The CorLoct bullet is one of the all time classic designs, It has been around a very long time for good reason, it works. And the Interlock is another fine design, that in my opinion, fills in the gap where I would prefer a stronger, more ballisticaly efficient design would be preferable, to me anyway.
I think the only point where we diverge on our opinions is that I class the CorLoct as a " Standard " design, and lump the Interlock with the Noslers, Speers, and Sierra's. And again, in my opnion, unless you are shooting a tremendous amount, the cost of a box of bullets is less of a factor to me when I am making a descision on what to buy, compared to how well the bullet performs. Although if I were limited to just the CorLoct and Interbond bullets, I would be satisfied that between the two I could use one or the other to suit any need that arose.
Just to give one example, I am going to be working up a load this spring for my .300 Weatherby, and will be using the Interbond and Accubond, as opposed to the CorLoct. This is because of the better long range flight characteristics of those two ever the Remington bullet. And I believe those two will hold up a little better when hitting bone on a very large animal, say a Bull Elk, or Large Brownie. I would like to hear your opnions on this.
I can sqeeze out a little over three hundred yards at my range in my backyard, and I consider us both to be very lucky fellas to have that capability on our own property!.
It looks like you live in New York State, I live in South Central Pa., Maybe someday we can get together to do some shooting!
Anyway I have enjoyed our discussions and hope to speak with you more in the future.
Bill "Willy" Henderson

Page generated in 0.02545 seconds with 8 queries