Thread: YIKES......TOO!
View Single Post
Old September 12, 2012, 10:24 PM   #25
scrubcedar

Frankenmauser, I was talking about where I grew up in southern Colorado. I will admit that most of the wildlife down there acted differently than what I see here. The fear and avoidance of humans isn't nearly as strong. I've practically had to kick pronghorns from out in front of my vehicle to make them let me pass. Fewer people, less fear? I don't know. It would make sense that the animals in different areas/habitats reacted differently. Let me give you an idea of my perspective. Rattlesnakes, no biggie, they very politely ask you to go away. Bears, grouchy, but no problem and they will happily leave you alone. The second or third time you've caught a cougar crouched to spring you feel very differently about them. Once the only reason I turned around was the odd sound almost a growl I can't describe came out of it's mouth. The only other thing I'll say is this, I checked the documented reports of attacks and a lot of them were in northern Colorado. Read the reports about the specific observed behavior before or during the attacks and it very much fits with what I described, so they must act that way up there too. I have no reason to doubt what you say about how they act here, maybe they are scared of humans around here. Considering everything I wouldn't want to bet my life on it though.

Page generated in 0.03386 seconds with 8 queries