View Single Post
Old June 1, 2012, 09:19 AM   #134
animal

Maybe nonsense, lunacy, or a different language. Each decides for himself. "Entities as foreign" stems from the idea that the individual is sovereign.
Not just money, we pay in different ways. By "socialize a right", I meant a form of payment there too, converting the ownership of a right to the state. (Payments aren't necessarily voluntary.) That which controls it, owns it. When it comes to power, rights justify the use of power. A government with rights has it’s own justification, one without rights can only justify its use of power through the rights of the individuals involved.

I actually like government, but only when it acts as a referee between its citizens internally and provides services usable in common by all of its citizens. Actually, the former is part of the latter in that statement. Other than that, I don’t have any use for it. The perils of being an early-classical liberal, I suppose.?

What do you guys think about the following ?

Our government is layered, but should government be layered, or should it’s departments be separated according to their functions? (I could gripe for days about the interstate commerce clause here, but the question is for you.)

Back to police power, do you want a referee to enforce a rule of law, or someone to exercise control by a right of the government?

Which is preferable:
Having the right and ability to protect yourself, which also comes with the responsibility to do so correctly and the liability connected to your mistakes…. OR
Having the right to protection wherein the state has the responsibility to protect you, and if forced to protect yourself, the state decides if you acted correctly as it’s agent.
Some see no difference.

Page generated in 0.03573 seconds with 8 queries