View Single Post
Old December 11, 2012, 06:09 PM   #1
Mike / Tx

Hornady .284" 154gr Interbond Experiences...

I am looking for field reports on the Hornady 154gr Interbond bullets, specifically when used in the 7mm Rem Mag or the 7mm STW. That said pretty much any of the newer 7mm short mags would be fine also.

If any of you have used them, on anything pretty much, I am simply looking for detailed experiences and terminal performance as to whether they held up to the velocity they were driven to, shot accurately, and how they preformed on the intended game.

I am about to gather up my components to do a bit of development with them in my 7mm STW. I am looking to be pushing them to mid 3200fps as a muzzle velocity, but will settle on a realistic 3150, which I already know I can pretty easily get. Oh in case your wondering about my rifle, it is an early Sendero which sports a laminate stock, and 26" barrel. VERY sweet shooter and simply seems to love the 145 - 162gr bullets. So seeing as how it will shoot them all into tiny clusters out further than I should be pushing it, I thought I would settle on the middle ground and go with the 154 Interbond.

Anyway post up your stories or comments no matter if they are good, bad, or ugly. Feel free to throw in your load, and rifle data as well, I love to compare.

I'm pretty much already set on my powder, primers, and cases, but I keep an open ear for something that looks like it might have potential. I actually don't mind what they are fired from as long as there was something to be gained by doing so. I mean anything from a 7x30 Waters up through the 7 mm RUM or Weatherby will give me info on how they hold up and what they do when they hit game.

Thanks, and let the stories begin.

Page generated in 0.02170 seconds with 8 queries