Thread: Glock 101 VIDEO
View Single Post
Old June 9, 2012, 09:13 PM   #2
JohnKSa
Staff

Nice video.

It might be worth adding a note to be sure to point the gun in a safe direction when dryfiring to start the strip process.

I also generally try to avoid getting parts of me in front of the muzzle even after I've cleared the gun. A friend of mine had two guns in the room and was distracted after clearing one of them. He dealt with the distraction and picked up the gun to continue working on it but unfortunately picked up the wrong one and "dryfired" his finger off because his field strip technique put his hand in front of the muzzle. I know that dryfiring an unloaded gun is safe and where it's pointed shouldn't matter, but human error being what it is, it's always worth being extra special careful. Habits like never allowing your hands to get in front of the muzzle can pay off bigtime if you make a mistake like my friend did.

Terminology quibble. When you pull back the slide too far, you reset the trigger and move the striker lug behind the trigger bar which prevents the slide from coming off the frame. You don't really "cock the whole gun" because it's not really possible to cock a Glock in the conventional sense.

The only other thing you might mention is that Glocks with an NY1 or NY2 trigger spring often require that the trigger be held to the rear while removing the slide forward off the frame.

Page generated in 0.03730 seconds with 8 queries