View Single Post
Old September 25, 2011, 02:48 PM   #23
4winds

What is your body shape?

Close your eyes. Draw the rifle. Then think about a few things when you open your eyes.

Does the heel fill the entirety of your shoulder area, or is the bottom tip of the heel in contact with your collar bone area?

Do you crane your neck down to when looking through the scope? Can you hold it more than 30 seconds without feeling sore in this position?

Straightline standard stocks are not the best factor when it comes to reducing recoil, ALOT depends on the fit. I bought an xbolt with the same dimensions stockwise to your featherweight and really loved the gun. It was in 280, so not a punishing round, but it hurt like he11 to shoot the rifle because I have sloping shoulders, a long neck and high cheek bones. This put me into a weatherby style stock with the heel drop around 1 1/2 inches. What a world of difference! Also, raising your rings to skyscraper heights will not help because you won't have a cheekweld and your consistency will suffer.

If the above circumstances apply to you, check out the mcmillan stocks for your model 70, they have models with greater heel drops or other dimensions that might better suit you. Keep that model 70, they are excellent rifles.

Just a thought, best of luck!

Page generated in 0.03600 seconds with 8 queries