Being in a university (we can't carry - bah) but if I were in:

VT
Northern Illinois
Columbine
Ecole Polytechnique
Concordia University
Red Lake Senior High -

etc.

I would want to be competent. Yes, I might flee in terror. If I were in the Ecole Polytechnique scenario and the killer came in and told all the males to leave so he could kill the woman - one might just leave. But if you weren't going to do that - I would prefer to have a reasonable chance of hitting the target and processing stress.
Unless I am mistaken, your examples are currently "gun free zones"; unless you are LEO or the like. Are you advocating illegally carrying in gun free zones? Am I missing something here regarding the choice of your examples?

markjs quote:
Quote:
I will stick with what the state of Iowa requires to achieve a permit...In Iowa you need to be able and show it on a range...a person should know how to load, unload, and shoot a target 7 yards or so in a safe manner. This is the qualifier here in Iowa...
To which smince replies:
Quote:
What markj is asking is that we lower our standards to his.
To which I reply, Note that markj began his statement with "I"; his opinion, that he did not say you must adhere to. And then he refers to the Iowa state standard; for those of you who continue to dismiss regulation: compare Alaska, Vermont, recently Arizona to the District of Columbia, California, and New Jersey. "Standards" and "regulations" exist and are a real issue.

pax states:
Quote:
I just think it's amazing how many people can't imagine wanting to save the live of a family member who's more than three steps away from them.
I have seen no evidence suggesting this on this thread. What amazes me is that this thread continues for pages and pages when NOT one person has argued that training is not good.

Page generated in 0.02859 seconds with 8 queries