View Single Post
Old December 17, 2009, 11:15 PM   #23
Mtn Biker

Quote:
1. Are you able to access your weapon with your off-hand if you needed to?
I can get to it but not very speedy. (I also can't get my G19 out of my Super Tucker IWB holster with my shirt tucked in any quicker with my off hand)
Quote:
2. How do you do it?
Reach around and fish it out.
Quote:
3. Have you even thought about it?
Absolutely. It is one of the things I considered when switching to pocket carry.
Quote:
4. Do you even care?
Of course I care but there are downsides and upsides to everything.

I have run the full gamut when it comes to conceal carry. With the uniform I have to wear at work pocket carry is the only option I have. Since using pocket carry in my work uniform I have switched to pocket carry when wearing my street clothes also.
So what is my upside pocket carrying a 5 shot snubbie?
I carry 100% of the time. I have 5 rounds of 38spl +P that you don't know I have.
Yes I know a person could dress to carry IWB exclusively but for me it did not always work. Between suits, shorts, uniforms, etc I found myself leaving the gun in the car more than I liked.
I do realize that 5 rounds may not be enough. If I have to get in a gun fight of course I would rather have 13 rounds of 45 and a spare magazine or two accessible to both hands but I feel OK having what I have.
I look at it this way....two years ago I carried nothing. Now I carry everyday. Yes I may be killed with my gun still in my pocket but at least it wont be on my dresser at home.
If you feel better with more then I'm OK with that.

Page generated in 0.02437 seconds with 8 queries