View Single Post
Old November 13, 2009, 10:05 PM   #2
castnblast

You are right on - go visit a pro shop. You need to make sure it fits your draw, or you will develop horrible habits and will have a very difficult time shooting accurately. hopefully the bow will fit you. Fit is not a problem for recurves, as the draw lenth has not stops. It is a problem for compounds which they have stopping points. If the pro shop says it does not fit, save yourself a lot of headaches, and get one that does. If it does fit, GREAT! you can shoot any bow accurately that fits you. You don't need a 800.00 bow to shoot tight groups. Just one that fits. Also, make sure you buy arrows that are spined for your draw weight and lenght. I like Easton Epics, they are not that expensive, and they are very high quality for the price. The other thing I like about them is they are on the heavy side for carbon arrows. I have punched through every deer I have shot, that includes a double shoulder blades. I have also killed two javelinas w/ one shot @ 35 yds. went through one shoulder blade, exited behind the left shoulder, and double lunged the one behind it, The arrow stuck in the ground even after all of that. Both hoggies were dead and barely went 20 yds.

Page generated in 0.04773 seconds with 8 queries