View Single Post
Old October 22, 2008, 01:41 PM   #23
Dwight55

My HD weapon, . . . the one I am carrying today. On this day, it is my Besa Thunder .380, . . . but normally is a 1911 in .45ACP.

Why the handgun? HD encompasses so many scenarios, . . . and many do not lend themselves well to a shotty or even a carbine (try answering your front door with an 870 in hand, . . . and the visitor not thinking you are somewhat spacey).

HD does not always offer one the time to pick and choose the time and/or place in the house when the "attack" will come, . . . necessitating a weapon that can be accessed quickly and deliberately, . . . and put into action on a short moments notice.

HD also often requires the homeowner to be very careful of the weapon employed, . . . as rounds streaming through exterior walls or windows will land somewhere, . . . and in your neighbor's house is not the desired place for them to quit their flight, . . . much less in an innocent bystander outside your house. Most handgun rounds will also be more likely to stay inside the building than rifle rounds or slugs.

Finally, . . . there is never very much in the average house that will fully provide "cover" for any bg in your house, other than a full refrigerator, freezer, or some wood stoves. There really is no need for the extra penetration given for the rifle or hopped up shotty.

IMHO

May God bless,
Dwight
If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a Veteran!

Page generated in 0.03621 seconds with 8 queries