Thread: casting bullets
View Single Post
Old August 22, 2008, 01:31 PM   #12
sundance44s

It would just depend how much shooting you plan to do ..2 maybe 3 times a year ..then hunting season ..I`d suggest buying balls and bullets .
For me ..the expence of buying balls and bullets would greatly increased ...Myself and the wife both shoot black powder every weekend ..then club shoots twice a month on top of that ..This casting is mainly round ball ......then there are the bullets for my reloading 45/70 and 45 Colt ...just something to play with on the side ...
Here`s what we go through in a years time ..I case of powder (25 lbs)
150 lbs of soft lead ( plumbers grade )
20 lbs of (bullet grade lead ).
So I`m casting 6 different size round balls ..and 2 size bullets .
The only place I can`t seem to save a dollar is in the price of caps ..The supplyers just don`t care if you buy 2 cases or 2 tins ...it`s always the same price per tin ...well there is always tap -o-cap ...not me ..I`ve got enough to do .
The dubble cavity molds cast plenty fast if ya keep moveing ..and it`s easyer to keep the casting consistant .
Just got a 20 dollar off cupon in the mail from Cabelas ..Hummmm that`ll pay the hazmat on a case or two of caps ....and won`t have to burn any gas to get them . Some call me cheap some call me thrifty .

Page generated in 0.03377 seconds with 8 queries